It started with a hammock. Made around a kitchen table, our first-ever product was stitched with careful hands, a trusty sewing machine and a large dose of optimism. 20 odd years on, not much has changed really. The hammock evolved into a select collection of beautiful furniture and accessories for the whole home and garden too, and the few pairs of hands have become hundreds, but the care, the commitment, the love and even that kitchen table very much remains.
As we grow and develop health and safety continues to be a large focus area for us. So much so, we are now looking for an experienced and proactive Group Health & Safety Manager who will oversee all matters at our Wiltshire based HQ, our store network and our on-site build locations.
Day to day you will:
- Set and maintain the right culture to allow collaboration and continuous improvement of all health and safety within the business
- Assess, implement, monitor and advise on health & safety and risk assessment management and compliance and collate the relevant reports and documentation
- Organise and conduct a variety of health and safety training
- Investigate and report any accidents and safety hazards, whilst analysing trends and implementing areas for improvement
- Identify training opportunities and keep up to date with legislation to support team and business needs
- Liase with key business areas to implement and improve contractor control measures
You and what you need
As a subject matter expert, you'll bring to us previous experience in a similar role preferably with multi-site experience. You'll also have recognised qualifications in Environmental Health and Occupational Health and Safety as well as a professional, organised and methodical approach to both employees and issues.
The scope of this role is vast, so the ability to plan and manage a diverse workload with ever evolving priorities is essential. Our ideal candidate would be a team player with strong communication and relationship building skills, ideally with a working knowledge of health and safety in the construction industry too.
If you're looking to bring your commitment and passion to help deliver an effective and safe culture to a growing and forward-thinking organisation, please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to us.
Find out a little bit more on Facebook and Instagram.
Neptune...improving the customer experience.
We're fortunate to receive hundreds of applications every week. While we try to respond to every email, the sheer volume sometimes makes that difficult. So, if you don't hear from us within 14 days, this means your application hasn't been successful, but we thank you very much for your interest in us.