Our warehouse and distribution teams run a technical, modern, highly efficient operation, coordinating the huge flow of items in and out of our business. Their aim is, ultimately, to get orders to our customers as quickly as possible, but always with great care. We're particularly proud of our white glove delivery service, where all large items are positioned in the customer's room of choice, assembled if necessary, and all the packaging taken away and recycled - and it's this team that upholds that.
We don't just follow the usual path of operations, we dig into the hidden depths of what's possible, what's right and ultimately, what's best. Our culture and our surroundings bring together teamwork and continuous improvement, identifying and driving these improvements whilst developing great teams. So, as part of an unusual, vertically integrated business, we're confident we can offer you the scope and support to genuinely make a difference for our customers. After all, that's why we do what we do.
As a member of the business leadership team this role will encompass many things, including:
- Leading day to day operations at headquarters by delivering a service that exceeds customer requirements
- Leading inhouse logistics operations, including ownerships of service level agreements
- Contributing to the formulation of overall business strategy
- Leading warehouse operations to drive efficiencies and KPI's whilst maintaining budgetary control
- Overall accountability for stock integrity
- Ensuring operations are fully compliant with health and safety standards and legislation
- Leading and driving continuous improvement/lean principles
- Developing and promoting outstanding teams and encouraging ambition, growth and high performance
You and what you'll need
Head of Operations covers a wide range of departments from our warehouse and distribution through to our busy and successful Outlet Store. Overseeing a team of 200 colleagues and 125,000 square foot of warehouse space, as a minimum you'll bring to us:
- A production, logistics or transport background, in a similar sized business
- A keen understanding of lean principles and experience identifying and driving improvement programmes
- Great stakeholder management capability and a track record of collaborating with others to achieve great results
- Experience working within premium brands with an understanding of how they're built and what makes them successful
We're looking for an intelligent and proactive thinker. Knowledge of Lean Principles would be fantastic too.
What we can offer you
We'll offer you a very competitive salary, some great benefits and a modern, forward-thinking work environment. This role will be working daytime only, with no Sunday work required. Many of us have been here a long time now and we'd love to think you will be too.
To find out more, please send your updated CV to us.
We're fortunate to receive hundreds and hundreds of applications every week. While we try to respond to every email, the sheer volume sometimes makes that difficult. So, if you don't hear from us within 14 days, this means your application hasn't been successful but we thank you very much for your interest in us.