The materialsOur Tussock sheepskins are ethically sourced from the Corriedale breed in New Zealand. We’ve chosen this breed for their dense, curly wool which, once cut, has a tactile texture that’s similar to a bouclé fabric. The short woollen hairs are also more resistant to spills and are easier to keep clean.
The colourTo give the sheepskin its light grey colour, it goes through a process called tanning. The wool is soaked in a solution made from lots of natural ingredients such as salt, water and sawdust, then a gentle acid, like vinegar, is applied to activate the process.
Design detailThe cover fits around the cream-coloured bottle snugly with a concealed zip that runs along the back from top to bottom – this means that taking the bottle out when you need to clean the woollen layer couldn’t be simpler.
Doing the right thingOur Tussock hot water bottles are made with sheepskin and leather which are 100% natural, biodegradable and long lasting, and each material used is a by-product which means that it doesn’t go to waste. When choosing the material for the rubber bottle, our supplier has also used a naturally produced, renewable alternative.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The sheepskin covering of this hot water bottle is dry clean only and, to prevent the wool colour from fading, it should not be exposed to direct sunlight. When adding hot water to the bottle, it should be no more than 70% full. We also have care instructions for removing different types of stains and marks from your sheepskin should they occur – for more information on this, please contact our customer experience team who will be happy to help.