Our unscented Coleridge candles are, as plain dinner candles go, rather special. They’re made in North Cornwall by an environmentally sustainable company using the traditional ‘drawing’ method, and have a tactile, matt finish. They come in a mixture of warm and cool colours – this is our soft Flax Blue that’s named after the petals of its namesake. Each set of six is packaged in a recyclable card box (which makes them easy for gift giving), and they’re suitable for any standard-sized candle holder.
Design & engineering
The waxFor our cotton-wick Coleridge candles, we’ve used a unique blend of mineral wax (a naturally occurring paraffin-derived crude oil by-product) and vegetable wax; this mix creates a consistent burn.
In the makingColeridge is made by a Cornish company that has been creating candles using artisan methods for more than 25 years. It uses the drawing method for dinner candles like these, which involves dipping the wick into the wax repeatedly until enough layers have been built up. Once they’re taken off the drawing machine, each one is carefully cut and milled by hand.
Doing the right thingNot only are our making partners for Coleridge committed to keeping centuries-old skills alive, but they also have a mindset that looks firmly to the future. They’re almost carbon neutral, recycling wherever they can, working to look after their local wildlife, and producing their own, green energy. Our partner is also UK based, which means a smaller carbon footprint.
Using your candleColeridge candles are made slightly larger than a standard size so you can pare them down for a snug and secure fit – this is something you can easily do with a knife or candle shaver.
The perfect pairing
Coleridge will fit into many of our candlesticks. To complement the cool Flax Blue colour, we think these candles go especially well with our brass Heddon Tall candlestick.
Burn Time (hrs):
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
Free delivery for all orders over £100 (or €100 in Ireland).
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Care & need to knows
Need to know
- For best results, burn for three to four hours at a time.
- Easily pare down with a knife or shaver if required.
- Keep the wick trimmed to approximately 1cm.