Every tap in our collection is made from low-lead brass – an industry standard that means they’re safe to drink from and incredibly hard-wearing. The handles on the other hand are made from white, scratch-resistant ceramic.
Chrome-coated (as is the plug), it’s a finish that’s timeless as well as a durable, high-shine and easy to care for.
The details: ceramic cartridges
Most taps have either rubber washers or ceramic cartridges inside to control the flow of water. These use the latter because they’re much more resilient. They also give you more control over the flow, so the levers only need a quarter turn to be fully on.
The details: the aerator
Also known as a flow regulator, an aerator is a small sieve-like piece that’s fitted discreetly into the end of the tap’s spout. Its job is to mix air in with the water so you’ll use less. It may take a little longer to fill your basin completely, but generally you won’t notice a drop in the pressure
Made to last
These taps are made to last, but there are parts that are more likely to get damaged, whether by limescale or wear and tear – from the ceramic cartridges and aerator to the handles and ‘hot’ and ‘cold’ caps. But these can all be removed for replacing, and spares are available from Lefroy Brooks.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
These taps are suitable for any level of water pressure, but if yours is below one bar, you may need to fit a water pump.
On our own basins, we include a ‘flip-top’ (also known as a swivel) plug, but this is easily replaced should you prefer to use the pop-up that comes with this tap.
Because we don’t make these taps ourselves, we’re not able to cover them under our own guarantee. Don’t worry though, as Lefroy Brooks guarantee all their taps themselves for five years. You can read their full terms and conditions here , and should you ever have a problem, we’ll be here to help.