Only a tiny proportion of the world’s cotton qualifies for the name Egyptian cotton – it’s a sign of fine quality, although it’s no longer grown just in Egypt. The fibres are naturally long, so they’re very strong when woven. They’re also soft, smooth and breathable, with a subtle sheen. Egyptian cotton is ideal for making bed linen, as it’s both luxurious and long-lasting.
A note on thread count
Thread count refers to the number of threads woven together in a square inch. 500 is at the very top end: it means the fabric is tightly woven, which makes for warmer, silkier and stronger bed linen.
The trim [Lily]
The narrow grosgrain (ribbed) ribbon on Albertine’s edge is a subtle detail – enough to catch the eye, but without spoiling its clean look. It comes in three shades – this one is Lily, a pale grey that gives just a little more definition than white.
Design is in the detail
Our pillowcases are generously sized and have a deep flap at the back, so pillows fit easily inside. This gives them a crisper look on the bed.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.