Linen is a natural material made using fibres from the flax plant. Like most natural fabrics, it’s not only breathable but also hypoallergenic. It’s incredibly strong too, as well as soft, and will only get softer with each wash. Linen is an environmentally-friendly fabric too, needing no chemicals to grow the flax plants.
Lets's talk slubs
Slubs are the slightly raised and knotted threads that you’ll spot in linen fabrics. They’re a completely natural part of the fibre – not a sign of breakages or defects – and are part of what gives linen its beautifully textural character full of depth.
Ardel is available in a choice two hues: pale stone-coloured Natural, and soft, mid-grey Fog. As both are neutral, you can then choose to layer them up with colour on cushions and blankets, or go for a tonal look and stick to a similar palette. Just opt for Natural if your room leans towards warm colours, and Fog if it’s on the cooler side.
The large size is big enough to use on a double, king or super-king-sized bed, where it’ll drape generously down the sides and can either cover the whole bed or be folded along the bottom. There’s also a smaller size, which is best for single beds or along the bottom half of a double.
- £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.