The materialsCotton is a perfect material for bedrooms because not only is it soft on the skin, but it’s also naturally breathable and, unlike man-made fibres, won’t trap heat and moisture between you and the textile. We’ve used 100% cotton for the outer fabric and a cotton and polyester blend for the inner.
There are two sizes of quilt to choose from: double, which will cover an entire double or single duvet (it’ll reach to the floor on the latter) or super-king, which will cover a king or super-king sized duvet. As this quilt is reversible though, you can also choose to have yours folded at the end of the bed, rather than covering the whole thing.
A styling tip or two
As Clementine is a more contemporary style of bedspread, try it with our Edith linen bedding collection. Together, they’ll create a very minimal look full of soft textures. To add more layers to your bed without cluttering the pared-back feel, include one of our long Isabelle bolster cushions or a couple of matching Clementine cushions, and perhaps also a fine-textured throw like Thornton or Delph.
A (very) brief history
Quilts have been around for centuries, used as a way to add warmth as well as artistry to the home, and form a part of many cultures’ heritage. This type of quilt is known as a whole cloth design which, as opposed to patchwork, is made with just one or two pieces of cloth. They’re especially associated with Durham and Wales, although the straight lines of running stitch are more reminiscent of South Asian kantha quilts.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.