Tulipwood is always the timber we turn to when we know we’re going to use a painted finish. That’s because, as well as being strong and stable, it also has a very fine, very even grain. Because there’s little in the way of knots and swirls, it’s easy to create a flat, smooth and practically perfect finish using our eggshell paint.
The water-based eggshell paint is hand-finished - this means we have control over the painting process and can ensure even coverage. By using eggshell, rather than a seemingly more hardwearing plastic coating, you can not only repaint easily, but your table will have a soft, low-sheen finish that’s so much more tactile and has a greater depth of colour. It comes in Snow as standard, with the option of any other colour with our paint service, and there’s also a version in Warm Black.
Like the other pieces in the Aldwych family, the hardware changes depending on the paint colour: chrome for Snow or any of our paint service colours, and black-bronze with the Warm Black option. In both cases, we’ve chosen our small Britten button knobs to tie in with the minimal aesthetic.
The upstand is a useful feature for keeping everything from papers and pencils to makeup from falling off the edges, but because it stops two thirds of the way down the sides, it won’t hamper your elbows. The two drawers underneath are slim so as not to add bulk to the desk, but will still hold all the essentials. Underneath the legs are small feet, which help to keep the paint finish from scuffing as well as protect hard flooring.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.