Attaching your headboard
You can use either Charlie’s French cleat to attach it to the wall, or the fixing at the bottom to fit it onto your bed base. Or both, if you want it to be well and truly secure. The French cleat, which is simply two pieces of timber (one for the wall and one on the headboard) that slot together, is also deep enough that you can hang Charlie over skirting and not need to cut out a space for it.
Fitting a light
If you can’t reach your lamp around the wings, or don’t have space for one and can’t install wall lights, Charlie has slots under its upholstery where you can fit two of our Rathbone lights instead. You’ll just need to ask an upholsterer to snip through the fabric and pop the lights in, chasing the cables out through the spaces in the back, before stitching the fabric back up. Your electrician can then wire them in.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens and pile movement in our velvets. We’ve written an article about the personality behind each of our fabrics so that you can figure out which one best suits your home.
Sometimes colour between batches can vary ever-so-slightly. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.