Frame & filling
Inside Charlotte, just as in all our headboards, is a solid timber frame with proper joinery, which you’ll be reminded of each time you sit up in bed and lean back into it. It’s well-padded too though, so your head will always be resting on something soft.
Size and structure
The height of the Charlotte headboard is somewhere in the middle – high enough for leaning against, but not dramatically tall. We design our headboards to sit on the top of the bed frame so that it becomes one fluid piece and can sit flush to the wall – should you want it to.
The line of studs that runs around Charles’ edge not only highlights its rounded contours and castellated shape, it also frames the soft centre, making it appear even more inviting.
Pairing with a bed base
Charlotte comes with solid oak struts that can be bolted to the bedframe to attach it securely. It also has a French cleat fixing should you prefer to hang it from your wall with the bed pushed up against it. Our Chichester and Francis bases make the perfect partner to Charlotte, or, pair it with your existing divan.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens and pile movement in our velvets. We’ve written an article about the personality behind each of our fabrics so that you can figure out which one best suits your home.
If you’re ordering Charlotte in one of our patterned textiles, we’ll pare back the buttons and pleating so it doesn’t appear too busy. And if you’ve selected one of our checked wools, we’ll aim to line up each button with a point where two lines meet.
Sometimes colour between batches can vary ever-so-slightly. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.