In the making
Barrington’s made for us by a family-run company in Yorkshire that have been making mattresses since 1840. They produce a lot of the materials themselves on their 300-acre farm just a few miles from their workshop. The rest come from other local farmers or, when it comes to Egyptian cotton, the very-best international growers.
Unlike open springs, each pocket spring sits inside its own fabric ‘pocket’. This means they can rise and fall individually to support your body and spread your weight evenly. Think cloud-like comfort – a phrase that’s often used with pocket springs, for good reason.
As well as the springs, there are several layers of natural padding: wool and cotton for softness and springiness; and hemp and horsehair for strength and durability. Unlike synthetic materials, they’re all breathable, which means you’ll be cosy in winter but fresh in summer.
The little tufts, undulating surface and lines of neat stitching are all part of securing your mattress’ fillings in place, but they also make it look all the more inviting. They’re all stitched on by hand the traditional way.
Brass air vents
The natural fillings are all brilliant temperature regulators, but to give them that little extra help, we’ve added a few air vents to keep things breezy. You won’t see them when the sheet’s on, but we believe they should still look good too, so we’ve made them from brass.
Barrington’s the kind of mattress you can turn – the fillings are mirrored on both sides. And because doing so regularly means your mattress will last longer and wear better (stopping the fillings from compressing too much in one spot), we’ve added padded handles along the edges to make things that little bit easier.
- It’s £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
If you’re still feeling a little bit confused about which mattress out there is right for you, or you’d just like to know more, we’ve put together a guide to all things mattresses.
When Barrington arrives, you might notice that it’s looking a little short. That’s often what happens when it’s wrapped up and transported, and it’ll soon relax back to its normal size.