In the making
Alba’s stamped out of a sheet of zinc alloy (zinc’s a malleable metal, so even as thin as this, it won’t break). As well as cutting the shape out, stamping also creates creases, so your snowflake will catch the light when it’s on the tree. It’s then dipped in brass to give it its warm gold colour (the brass is an update on last year’s bronze Alba, making it just a touch brighter).
Almost all of our hanging decorations (including this one) are suspended from a fine, velvet ribbon as a refined finishing touch. We’ve chosen a warm grey colour that’ll suit just about every decorating style, whether you opt for traditional or contemporary, colourful or neutral.
Inspired by nature
Even though no two real-life snowflakes are the same, they all fall into one of a few categories. Alba’s what’s known as a dendrite-type crystal. Soft yet spiky (dendrite means ‘tree-like’), they have a complex shape that’s born in areas of high humidity. For many, they’re the iconic snowflake.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.