Teak is a hardwood that’s full of naturally-occurring oils which act as a preservative. They make it well-suited to life outside, although we’ve also added additional protection with our IsoGuard® oil. Over time, teak will take on a silvered patina which we think is rather elegant, but you can prevent this with more frequent reapplication of the oil.
What is IsoGuard®?
IsoGuard® is a natural, linseed-oil based treatment that’s kind to the environment and your health, and helps protect timber from drying, staining and oxidising, all without affecting its texture. We do recommend reapplying it as, over time, the oils will evaporate in the wind and sun. How often is up to you, but we’d generally recommend yearly.
An idea or two
Aside from using one or two of these benches around your dining table (paired with a handful of chairs, they’ll give you lots of seating options), we also think they’d make excellent standalone benches where you perhaps don’t want to use one with a backrest – in front of a flower border for instance, or where there’s a good view on either side. You can add extra comfort with the matching seat cushion, available here, or pop a few outdoor scatter cushions on it for comfort, colour and pattern.
- It’s £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.