Oak, because it’ll look more than good in your home. You can expect the odd knot here and the odd change in wood grain there – which means no two chairs will ever look quite the same – but overall, it’s a well-balanced timber.
The oak is protected with IsoGuard®, our timber treatment oil. Think of it as a defence barrier, but one that you’d never know was there. IsoGuard® comes in a few finishes; this one’s Natural Oak, which, as the name suggests, gives the oak a subtle, honey-coloured look.
Comfort and proportions
It may be made from wood, but Wardley doesn’t compromise on comfort. The top rail of the backrest curves to meet the shoulder blades, and there’s a barely detectable (until you sit in it), leg-hugging saddle shape to the seat.
To give it a crafted feel, the foxtail joints that attach the legs are visible in the seat. Sometimes they’re flush, sometimes they sit just proud (although you won’t feel them) – a variation that means each chair has its own character. From the back, there’s also the swallowtail detail usually found on Shaker boxes.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
This piece is made from natural timber, which will expand (slightly) and shrink (just a little) as it responds to the humidity and temperature in your room. We’ve used joinery techniques that’ll help to counteract this, but small changes in your piece are completely natural and to be expected. Just know that, in the very unlikely event that there’s a significant change to the structure, we’ll be here to help.