Orford’s sides are held together in the traditional way: using finger joints. It’s what creates the chequerboard detail on the outside corners. We use it because it’s a tried-and-tested method that’s not only strong, but also means there aren’t any screws on show.
Oak’s the material we choose for any exposed timber in our kitchens, so it made sense to create cabinet inserts that would coordinate. More than that though, it’s a timber that feels timeless – thanks to its characterful but not too rustic grain – and that promises strength and durability.
Even though oak’s very hardwearing, it can get marked if you spill anything on it. Which is why we protect all the oak we use with IsoGuard®, our timber treatment oil. It’s there to make your life easier. You can find out more about how IsoGuard® works here.
IsoGuard® does darken the oak slightly. So, we’ve also added a pigment that restores the natural colour. In the case of this piece, which is finished with the Seasoned Oak shade of IsoGuard®, it also adds a slightly silvered tint. It’ll match the same finish in our Suffolk kitchen, but will also coordinate with other shades of oak if that’s what you have in yours.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.