Oak, because it’ll look more than good in your home. You can expect the odd knot here and the odd change in wood grain there – which is even more so true in the geometric sideboard. Oak’s natural character means no two dressers will ever look quite the same – but overall, it’s a well-balanced timber. On the panel sections, we use oak wrapped over hardwood ply, because it’s a technique that means you’ll get less timber movement.
All of our oak’s protected with our treatment oil – IsoGuard® – to make it easier to live with. Think of it as a defence barrier, but one that you’d never know was there, so all you can see is the natural, honey-coloured oak.
The Holborn oak dresser has two shelves in each side of the dresser, which divides it into three equal thirds. You can move them around to suit whatever you’re keeping inside though, but these proportions suit it most of all. The sideboard has a divider in the middle, giving you two compartments with an adjustable shelf inside each one.
Holborn has our Black-bronze hardware – a strong, dynamic contrast to classic oak. You’ll spy it on the vertical stile on the glazed dresser (together with the shelves, it gives it a look of a window pane) and on the tracks that the sliding doors run along, smoothly, quietly and bouncing soft to close.
There’s lots of elements to this design that make it more contemporary. The taller, narrower height is one. The second is the ledge between the sideboard and dresser section that’s much slimmer than you’d get in Chichester, Suffolk or Henley. And the doors on each compartment that softly glide rather than opening out is a third.
- For orders under £5,000 (or €7,500 in Ireland), it’s £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £50 for small furniture deliveries (or €75) and £100 for large furniture deliveries (or €150).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
Natural timber will always want to move. It’s going to expand and shrink as the temperature and humidity in your home changes, but there are specialist joinery techniques that can help to counteract the movement. And that’s exactly what we do, so although you might see a little movement in the timber over the seasons, it won’t change drastically.