The clay & the glaze
Stoneware is the best choice for everyday ceramics that see a lot of love and use. It’s less likely to chip than more delicate clays like china and earthenware, and is suitable for dishwashers and microwaves. We’ve also used a glossy glaze to finish Olney which won’t scratch easily.
In the making
Block printing is a centuries-old technique of pattern making. It’s normally associated with cloth, particularly from India, and in wallpaper-making, but it has also traditionally been used on hard surfaces like pottery. These days, transfer printing is more commonly used for ceramics, being quicker and less variable, but we love the character and non-uniformity of stamping with carved wooden blocks.
Mixing and matching
As Olney is more decorative, we’d suggest pairing it with a plainer, white or off-white crockery set if you’d like to use an eclectic mix of styles. We especially like it with our Sutton collection which, with its pie-crimped edges and hand-applied finish, has a similar warmth and homeliness to it.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
Just so you know
If you pop into one of our stores, you’ll be able to buy any of our crockery individually, rather than in a set.