Bermondsey Chopping Board
Oak might be our signature timber, but we love to introduce a different tone and texture here and there. We could’ve stained oak, but then, when you cut into the board, you’d start to see the natural oak tones coming through. So, we’ve used American walnut instead, which is a dark shade of brown all the way through. Like oak, it’s also hardwearing but not so hard it’ll quickly blunt your knives.
American Walnut has such a rich natural colour that there’s really no need to do very much to it. We’ve simply added a light coat of food-safe, oil-based wax to help preserve the timber. You can reapply a wax or oil every so often if you like (just make sure it’s suitable for food) to prevent drying and cracking.
One board, lots of uses
Boards like this one that consider form as much as function have long been a favourite of our store styling team. They’ll prop them up, usually layering a couple of different sizes and styles (try combining this one with the marble Maltby boards), or use them to anchor a group of olive oil and vinegar bottles. Bermondsey’s also great as an informal way to bring sharing dishes to the table.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
- Wipe with a damp cloth and mild soap.
- Do not submerge or leave it sitting in water.
- Reapply food-safe wax or oil monthly.
Just so you know
As this board is made from natural timber, not two will be exactly alike. There’ll be changes in tone and grain pattern, both of which, we think, are unique details to love. Timber will also change appearance as it reacts to the temperature and humidity, as well as use, so you may spot small cracks over time.