Oak, because it’ll look more than good in your home. You can expect the odd knot here and the odd change in wood grain there – which means no two tables will ever look quite the same – but overall, it’s a well-balanced timber.
To add a bit more texture to an otherwise clean and crisp timber, the oak has a brushed surface that exposes the grooves in its grain. We then apply our treatment oil – IsoGuard® – to make it easier to live with. Think of it as a defence barrier, but one that you’d never know was there. IsoGuard® comes in a few finishes; this one’s Natural Oak, which, as the name suggests, gives the oak a subtle, honey-coloured look.
Every aspect of Arundel – from its tabletop to its A-frame legs – is substantial but not too chunky, so it feels solid and timeless, not clunky. The diagonal supports are the standout feature, but look closely and you’ll also the circular wooden dowel detail in the sides, which give you a sense of its making.
How it extends
Extending tables are great, but only when they’re not a pain to use. You’ll be glad to know that’s not the case with Arundel. The leaves come in a separate bag, so they’re not adding more bulk. Before guests start knocking at the door, just pull out the oak rails beneath the tabletop and they’ll stay put thanks to the spring-loaded latch. The leaves just slot into the gap, and you’re done.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.