Lloyd Loom’s been around since the early 20th century, and is made by wrapping paper around a steel wire. It won’t bend out of shape or creak when you sit down, and is completely smooth, so it won’t snag on clothes. Just know that it’s not suitable for using outside though.
Not every piece of furniture and every colour of paint needs the same process – a ‘one finish suits all’ approach won’t ever give you the best result possible. That’s why we vary the number of coats using hand-painted techniques depending on what that shade needs.
Comfort & proportions
Havana’s high backrest is great if you’re looking for shoulder support, especially as it gets wider towards the top. It also curves inwards so it’s more comfortable on your back, and reclines ever-so-slightly for a more natural seating position. You can also make its seat softer by adding the separate matching cushion.
Tracing the line of Havana’s backrest and along its sides are sections of plaited Lloyd Loom. It’s a traditional detail that’s perfectly in keeping with the classic looks of this chair, and mean it looks as good from behind as in front. The legs are also wrapped in Lloyd Loom, leaving just the very bottom exposed so the paint isn’t scuffed.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.