This is a design to which we are saying farewell.
A bespoke blend of sustainable coconut, soya, and rapeseed wax, our candles are made by a small expert team based in a Hampshire market town. The scents in this trio denote a British country garden: English Fig sweet-yet-fresh with a subtle hint of rose, wood, amber; Bluebell & Honeysuckle intermingling classic floral notes with a green, earthy base; and Rosemary & Thyme’s refreshing, citrussy herbal fusion.
Design & engineering
Notes on scentEnglish Fig is reminiscent of a sun-warmed garden, with a velvety and sweet yet fresh scent. It combines green and fruity notes – leafy figs, dried fruits and tart cassis – with a subtly floral hint of rose, wood and the honeyed, resinous fragrance of amber. Our Bluebell & Honeysuckle candle is scented, as you’d expect, with the classic notes of bluebell (it’s a member of the hyacinth flower family so it has a similar smell) and the sweeter scent of honeysuckle. This combination is balanced by a green, earthy base to prevent it being too sugary. For those that relish the scent of a light, herbal blend, our Rosemary & Thyme candle is a must have. It’s refreshing, energising and its citrus and subtle, mossy base keeps the herbal balance in check.
Layering scentEach of these scents also comes in diffuser form, which you could use together to create fragrant layers. A diffuser will circulate a gentle aroma around a room for weeks but having a candle on hand too means you can enhance the fragrance.
Doing the right thingWe work with a small team that know all about making delicately scented candles. They’re based in a Hampshire market town where they create the ideas for the fragrances, and these are then made into candles in the UK. As well as the minimal carbon footprint, the contents are made from natural plant wax (a unique blend of soya, coconut and rapeseed) all of which are obtained from sustainable sources, and the candles are packaged in 100% recycled, FSC certified card. Our supplier has also created the brown jars from 15% recycled glass and, once the candle has burnt down, you can reuse the pot – why not turn it into a stationery holder or give it a place in the bathroom to store cotton buds?
100% Natural Soy Wax
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
- £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Care & need to knows
- Before lighting, trim the wick to 3mm to stop the flame from spitting and dropping soot.
- Every time you use it, burn it until the melted wax reaches the edge of the glass to stop a well forming in the centre.
- Keep on a level surface to avoid an uneven burn.
- Each will last 20 hours.