We use oak because of its beautiful grain, its durability and its sense of heritage (we’ve written more on it here). The knots and variations in tone are all part of its character and are an aspect we love. And because the pieces we use are such a high grade, they’ll withstand the moisture in your bathroom.
Finish: oakThe oak is brushed and stained to help bring out the appearance and feel of the grain. It’s then protected with IsoGuard®, an oil-based formula that doesn’t mask its texture and protects it from stains and marks.
Carrara marble is a naturally occurring metamorphic rock. It’s grey-white in colour, and has darker veining that makes each piece unique.
Finish: marbleThe marble has a semi-matte, honed finish that’s an ideal complement to the slightly more rugged oak. We’ve sealed it to help protect it from damage, too.
Edinburgh has a shallower basin than most so it doesn’t show beneath – you’ll only see the waste pipes. It’s cleverly designed to be deep enough at the back (where the taps are) for easy hand-washing. And it’s made from ceramic, which is both durable and classic.
What about taps?We’ve pre-drilled the holes for the taps into the marble top – you needn’t worry about that. But we haven’t included the taps themselves so you can pick the style. The holes will fit most three-hole designs, including our Bamburgh.
StorageIf you’re using the shelves as storage space, it’s a good idea to add a basket or two so they don’t look cluttered. The bottom shelf will fit one of our large Somerton bathroom baskets, you’ll just want to select smaller baskets or jars for the top shelf to fit around the waste pipe.
Edinburgh’s defining feature is its legs. They were inspired by classical columns, but are restrained, not fussy. They also highlight the tonal stripes and swirls in the oak’s grain. Another element that we love are the shelves, which look just like tongue and groove panelling.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.