We use oak because of its beautiful grain, its durability and its sense of heritage (we’ve written more on it here). The knots and variations in tone are all part of its character and are an aspect we love. And because the pieces we use are such a high grade, they’ll withstand the moisture in your bathroom.
The oak is brushed and stained to help bring out the appearance and feel of the grain. It’s then protected with IsoGuard®, an oil-based formula that doesn’t mask its natural texture (like most lacquers and sealers do) and protects the timber.
Carrara marble is a naturally occurring metamorphic rock. It’s grey-white in colour, and has darker veining that makes each piece unique. It’s a beautiful material, it just requires more hands-on care than other stones. Don’t worry, it doesn’t take long and you’ll find exactly what to do in our care guide.
The marble has a sleek, polished finish – a classic look that’s a contrasting texture to the almost-matte eggshell paint. We’ve sealed it to help protect it from damage, too.
Edinburgh has a shallower basin than most – the washstand’s proportions mean that regular ones would take up some of the shelf space below. It’s cleverly designed to be deep enough at the back (where the taps are) for easy hand-washing. And it’s made from ceramic, which is both durable and classic.
What about taps?We’ve pre-drilled the holes for the taps into the marble top – you needn’t worry about that. But we haven’t included the taps themselves so you can pick the style. The holes will fit most three-hole designs, including our Bamburgh.
Because of the basin’s slim shape, a drawer can be fitted around it. It makes the most of this space as a home for smaller bits and bobs that might otherwise get lost, and is fitted on soft-close runners. Underneath, there’s an adjustable shelf inside each cupboard.
The subtle nod towards nautical design in Edinburgh’s louvered doors feels completely at home in a bathroom space, and also breaks up the weight of the oak. So that you can’t see through, the slats are fixed in place at just the right angle. Inside, you’ll find our super-strong, oak zigzag shelf supports too.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.