Linen is a natural material made using fibres from the flax plant. Like most natural fabrics, it’s not only breathable but also hypoallergenic. It’s incredibly strong too, as well as soft, and will only get softer with each wash. Linen is an environmentally-friendly fabric too, needing no chemicals to grow the flax plants.
Lets's talk slubs
Slubs are the slightly raised and knotted threads that you’ll spot in linen fabrics. They’re a completely natural part of the fibre – not a sign of breakages or defects – and are part of what gives linen its beautifully textural character full of depth.
Ardel is available in a choice two hues: pale stone-coloured Natural, and soft, mid-grey Fog. As both are neutral, you can then choose to layer them up with colour on cushions and blankets, or go for a tonal look and stick to a similar palette. Just opt for Natural if your room leans towards warm colours, and Fog if it’s on the cooler side.
This smaller size bedspread is ideal for a single or double bed (on a double, it’ll drape nicely over the sides, but will cover just the bottom half of the bed). There’s also a larger size available, which is better suited to king and super-king sizes, or for covering the whole of a double bed.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.