Underneath its upholstery, Francis’ frame is made from tulipwood (a high-quality hardwood that’s incredibly strong) and with proper joinery. Its legs on the other hand are made from solid oak with a slightly darkened finish called Vintage Oak.
The bed base
Francis’ sides sit snugly underneath the mattress to conceal the timber slats beneath and so it asks for a little less room. It also means you’re not as likely to bump your shins when walking around it in the dark.
Beech is used to make the slats on each of our beds because it’s flexible and reliable. They’re sprung, which means they curve upwards to provide a little extra bounce underneath the mattress. They’re held in place with discreet, cream-coloured clips. Beds larger than a single have an extra support in the centre too.
Francis’ neatness is helped along by how the fabric’s folded and stitched to meet perfectly at each edge. Its legs are straight and tapered – an elegant look, suited to any style of bedside furniture. Hidden at its back are discreet bolts that hold your chosen headboard in place.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens and pile movement in our velvets. We’ve written an article about the