We use oak because of its beautiful grain, its durability and its sense of heritage (we’ve written more on oak’s qualities here). Part of its character are its knots and variations in tone, so each piece will have its own hand-writing.
Wardley’s oak is protected with IsoGuard®, our timber treatment oil that helps to prevent stains and spills from setting in, like if a bedtime glass of water accidentally splashes onto it. And it does all of this without masking the natural look and feel of oak like most lacquers and sealers do.
Beech is used to make the slats on each of our beds because it’s flexible and reliable. They’re sprung, which means they curve upwards to provide a little extra bounce underneath the mattress. They’re held in place with discreet, cream-coloured clips. There’s an extra support in the centre too.
Wardley can be disassembled, making it easy to manoeuvre in and out of doorways. But, we’ve used clever hidden brackets to secure the rails around its top, to ensure strength and sturdiness. It’s a detail that’s felt, rather than seen.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
Because Imogen Holkham Sand is made from natural linen, tone and texture can vary and you can expect to see the occasional slub. We’ve written an article about the personality behind each of our fabrics, in case you’d like to get to know them better. Read on
Our beds are designed to suit metric-sized mattresses (UK single, double, king and super-king sizes), like our own Barrington. They don’t come with the mattress or any bedding, so you can choose what suits you best, whether that’s a firm or medium mattress, cotton or linen sheets.