Frame and filling
Inside George, just as in all our headboards, is a solid timber frame with proper joinery, which you’ll be reminded of each time you sit up in bed and lean back into it. It’s well-padded too though, so your head will always be resting on something soft.
Size and structure
George is one of our taller headboards, but not in a dramatic way. Your eye will be drawn to it when you walk into your bedroom, but it won’t take over either. We design our headboards to sit on the top of the bed frame so that it becomes one fluid piece and can sit flush to the wall – should you want it to.
George is a minimal design, and its only decoration comes from a series of delicate pulls (small stitches, rather than accidental snags) in the fabric. They create a slightly tufted surface that’s an understated version of traditional buttoning.
Pairing with a bed base
George comes with solid oak struts that can be bolted to the bedframe to attach it securely. It also has a French cleat fixing should you prefer to hang it from your wall with the bed pushed up against it. Our Chichester and Francis bases make the perfect partner to George, or, pair it with your existing divan.
- It’s £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens and pile movement in our velvets. We’ve written an article about the personality behind each of our fabrics so that you can figure out which one best suits your home.
Sometimes colour between batches can vary ever-so-slightly. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.