What is Lloyd Loom?
Lloyd Loom is made by wrapping paper around wire, weaving this into strong panels, and then attaching these to a frame. It has the texture of a wicker piece, but it’s painted (in Chatto’s case, in our soft green-grey Lily colour), which makes it the perfect indoor-outdoor style.
Can I use Chatto outside?
Absolutely. We’ve really considered how to make Chatto as weather-resistant as possible, from the robust, heavy-gauge aluminium frame that won’t rust, to the polyurethane paint (as opposed to the eggshell we use for interior Lloyd Loom pieces) that makes it virtually waterproof. It means you can use it outside all summer long, although you should bring it in over winter.
The seat cushion
All our garden furniture cushions are made from natural-coloured, weather-resistant fabric, so you needn’t bring them inside if there’s a quick summer shower. They’re not completely weatherproof, though, so don’t leave them out all year long or in pouring rain. They’re filled with foam, which is soft but keeps its shape well, and the covers are removable, so they’re easy to clean.
How it feels
Chatto’s got a slim frame, but the seat’s quite deep and wide and the back’s firm. If you want to, there’s space to add a few scatter cushions, but the seamless line from back to arms means you’ll be comfortable without them.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.