To inject character and texture into a room, surround yourself with the natural beauty of our Cranbrook shiplap timber panelling. Traditionally, these rough-sawn, brushed boards are used for the strength and insulating warmth they give to outhouses, shutters and barns, but our shiplap – with its painted wash finish – is made for inside so you can transport these qualities, as well as a touch of rustic tactility, into your home.
Design & engineering
The materialsCranbrook is created from sturdy Polish spruce and pine, and we’ve coated it in a wash of our pale taupe-grey Silver Birch paint – a classic, warm neutral that’s easy to mix and match with other colours. You can also order the boards in any of our current and archive shades – each one will take on a different character depending on the hue you choose. For instance, whites like Salt have a clean, Scandinavian look, Aqua Blue feels nautical, and Moss and Cactus will give your space a fresh feel.
In the makingMade from start to finish in Poland, the wood is first cut from a timber log then laid out to dry naturally. This steady drying process takes between four to five weeks and allows the raw wood to adjust to its surrounding humidity slowly, which prevents it from cracking and splitting. The next step is to brush the wood to give it the texture shiplap is best known for. Each board is then packaged manually into plastic-free boxes which aren’t only better for the environment, but also allow the wood to breathe and adapt gradually to atmospheric conditions as it travels.
Where we see itIt’s normal for natural wood to shrink or bend slightly over time, but this is largely down to temperature and humidity changes. With that in mind, the best areas to use your shiplap boards are on walls and ceilings in dry conditions where these factors are fairly consistent. Use Cranbrook in a living room, dining space, kitchen, bedroom or hallway rather than a bathroom or next to a fireplace or radiator.
Doing the right thingOur long-lasting Cranbrook boards are made from Polish spruce and pine which are FSC-certified to ensure our timber is sourced responsibly. To reduce environmental impact, our trusted partner has also eliminated foil and plastic packaging and uses paper tape to secure each parcel.
Quantity Per Pack:
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
Free delivery for all orders over £100 (or €100 in Ireland).
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Care & need to knows
- To clean, use a brush or vacuum.
- Remove marks with a hard brush or water-soaked cloth.