Frame & filling
We make the frames of our upholstered dining chairs with sold timber and proper joinery – they’re built to last. Calverston also has serpentine springs as well as foam and fibre padding for as much comfort as possible.
Comfort & proportions
As well as the backrest that wraps around to hug your shoulders, Calverston has curved springs in the seat which give it as a domed appearance that’s as inviting as it is comfortable.
The two stitched seams on the inside of the backrest are practical – there so the fabric will curve around the arc of the frame. But they’re a decorative detail too, emphasising the scroll in the top line as well as the buttons. These we’ve kept simple, so Calverston has a lighter look than a design like Henley.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens – traits that are all a lovely part of natural materials.
Sometimes colours between batches can vary ever so slightly. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.