Frame and filling
We make the frames of our upholstered dining chairs with sold timber and proper joinery – they’re built to last. Mowbray also has serpentine springs as well as foam and fibre padding for as much comfort as possible.
Comfort and proportions
The curves in Mowbray’s shape aren’t just for looks – they’re back-moulding, shoulder-hugging curves that support in just the right places. Its seat isn’t as domed as some, but slightly arched springs inside mean it’s surprisingly comfortable
Even though Mowbray’s made from very sturdy, very strong timber, its flowing lines give it a more delicate appearance. Neat piping around its perimeter to highlight its curves is the final finishing detail.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens – traits that are all a lovely part of natural materials.
Sometimes colours between batches can vary ever so slightly. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.