Frame and filling
We make the frames of our upholstered dining chairs with sold timber and proper joinery – they’re built to last. Sheldrake also has serpentine springs as well as foam and fibre padding for as much comfort as possible.
Comfort and proportions
Sheldrake has quite a high back that reclines slightly, so you can lean against it and rest your shoulders. The seat and back, although certainly not firm, are less springy than a design like Henley (try using the two together if you want both firm and soft), making it good if you prefer a more structured sit.
There’s plenty of detail in Sheldrake’s design – like the rows of buttons and diamond-shaped stitching, and the scallop shape along the top of the backrest and front of the seat skirt. But the rest of the design is completely pared-back, which is what makes it so timeless. And, because these are relatively tall chairs, you can still see the detail even when they’re gathered around the table.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.