Wycombe’s design story
From ladder-backed and practical Shaker chairs to the rush-seated designs of the Arts & Crafts movement (and Morris & Co.’s famous Sussex chair), our Wycombe seating collection has quite a tale to tell. You can read all about it over on our journal.
Meet the family
As well as this stool, there’s also a bench and fixed and folding dining chairs in our Wycombe collection, making it one of our most versatile designs. It means you can create a coordinating combination of seats around your table that works perfectly for you.
Wycombe elsewhere in your home
There are so many ways you could use this stool throughout your home, not just around your dining table. If you’re short on space in your hallway, it could be a useful little spot to put on shoes instead of a bench. Or, being quite flat-topped, why not use it as a side table that’ll also double up as an extra seat?
The materials: oak
Oak’s sense of tradition together with its distinctive (but not too knotty) grain make it our go-to timber. Naturally durable when it comes to knocks, we’ve further protected the oak from spills with IsoGuard® – our oil-based formula that doesn’t mask the timber’s character. You can find out more about that here.
The materials: woven paper cord
Traditionally, rush is the material of choice for woven seats like the ones in our Wycombe collection. But, for ours, we’ve chosen to use a cord material made from wood pulp paper. Paler and more uniform in colour than rush, this paper cord complements Wycombe’s light oak and clean lines (it was also favoured by mid-century designers such as Hans J Wegner for his Wishbone chair, and so is often known as Danish cord). It’s just as strong and durable as natural rush, and we’ve coated it in wax that makes it spill resistant – don’t worry, this won’t come off on clothes.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.