What's in a set?
Thaxted has 36 pieces of cutlery so that you can lay the table for six. That’s six knives and forks as well as six dessert knives, forks and teaspoons.
Our Thaxted cutlery is made from 18/10 stainless steel with the knives being made from a specially hardened stainless steel which makes them slightly stronger. Thaxted is named after a small town in Essex that was the centre of English cutlery production in the 14th century. Not too heavy, nor too light, not too long nor too short, our cutlery has been designed to feel ‘just right’ in your hand. You’ll feel reassured by the quality each time you pick them up, but not like your hand needs a rest halfway through supper.
Children's place settings
For everyday dining, you can use the smaller dessert knife, dessert fork and teaspoon for main course and pudding for the children in the family.
As a gift
Because it’s just so classic, we think Thaxted makes a lovely wedding gift. So it comes in a smart, black presentation box
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
- Dishwasher safe.