Oak, because it’ll look more than good in your home. You can expect the odd knot here and the odd change in wood grain there – which is even more so true in the geometric sideboard. Oak’s natural character means no two dressers will ever look quite the same – but overall, it’s a well-balanced timber. On the panel sections, we use oak wrapped over hardwood ply, because it’s a technique that means you’ll get less timber movement.
All of our oak’s protected with our treatment oil – IsoGuard® – to make it easier to live with. Think of it as a defence barrier, but one that you’d never know was there, so all you can see is the natural, honey-coloured oak.
The Holborn oak dresser has two shelves in each side of the dresser, which divides it into three equal thirds. You can move them around to suit whatever you’re keeping inside though, but these proportions suit it most of all. The sideboard has a divider in the middle, giving you two compartments with an adjustable shelf inside each one.
Holborn has our Black-bronze hardware – a strong, dynamic contrast to classic oak. You’ll spy it on the vertical stile on the glazed dresser (together with the shelves, it gives it a look of a window pane) and on the tracks that the sliding doors run along, smoothly, quietly and bouncing soft to close.
There’s lots of elements to this design that make it more contemporary. The taller, narrower height is one. The second is the ledge between the sideboard and dresser section that’s much slimmer than you’d get in Chichester, Suffolk or Henley. And the doors on each compartment that softly glide rather than opening out is a third.
- Furniture orders to the mainland UK and Northern Ireland come under our white glove service.
- Your order will be delivered within 5 days if the piece is available now.
- Orders placed from outside the UK or Ireland will be delivered by our international courier partners.
- Read our full delivery policy here.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
Just so you know
Natural timber will always want to move. It’s going to expand and shrink as the temperature and humidity in your home changes, but there are specialist joinery techniques that can help to counteract the movement. And that’s exactly what we do, so although you might see a little movement in the timber over the seasons, it won’t change drastically.