In the making
Block printing is a centuries-old technique of pattern making. It’s normally associated with cloth, particularly from India, and in wallpaper-making, but it has also traditionally been used on hard surfaces like pottery. These days, transfer printing is more commonly used for ceramics, being quicker and less variable, but we appreciate the character and non-uniformity of stamping with carved wooden blocks – expect changes in both pattern form and colour across each piece.
One bowl, lots of uses
We love a large, low-sided bowl like this one for everything from fruit on a kitchen island to found objects on a coffee table to serving big, generous salads (although largely a decorative piece, it is food safe, you’ll just need to handwash it because of its size).
A styling tip or two
When it comes to mixing and matching other crockery styles with this piece – be it on the table or a dresser’s shelves – we think that Lewes makes a particularly pleasing pairing because of the contrast of Burnt Sienna and blue, and for the same reason, the Olney Flax Blue pieces are a stunning match too.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
Just so you know
Our tableware comes in convenient sets online but is available individually in our stores. So, if you need more or less than a six-person setting or if a piece is broken, you can make up the numbers without having to buy another whole set.
Our Olney collection is microwave and dishwasher safe.