Borough is made from oak – a strong timber that we’ve chosen for its interesting grain (characterful, but not as knotty as some). It’s naturally food-safe too.
The oak is protected with IsoGuard®, our timber treatment oil. Think of it as a defence barrier, but one that you’d never know was there. Like oak, it’s also safe to prepare food on. IsoGuard® comes in a few finishes; ‘Seasoned’ gives Borough a subtle, silvered colour – like naturally weathered timber.
Size and shape
Borough comes in two sizes: a long, thin board, and this wider rectangular one. Because it gives you a more practical space, this is the better of the two if you want to use it for chopping. But, it still works for larger serving dishes too.
There’s a small loop on Borough’s handle in case you want to hang it up, which is made from a natural, brown twine because it goes with the organic feel of the timber. The only other detail is a subtle letter ‘N’ – the Neptune mark – that’s lasered into one side of the board near the bottom.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.