Borough is made from oak – a strong timber that we’ve chosen for its interesting grain (characterful, but not as knotty as some). It’s naturally food-safe too.
The oak is protected with IsoGuard®, our timber treatment oil. Think of it as a defence barrier, but one that you’d never know was there. Like oak, it’s also safe to prepare food on. IsoGuard® comes in a few finishes; ‘Seasoned’ gives Borough a subtle, silvered colour – like naturally weathered timber.
Size and shape
Borough comes in two sizes: a long, thin board, and this wider rectangular one. Because it gives you a more practical space, this is the better of the two if you want to use it for chopping. But, it still works for larger serving dishes too.
There’s a small loop on Borough’s handle in case you want to hang it up, which is made from a natural, brown twine because it goes with the organic feel of the timber. The only other detail is a subtle letter ‘N’ – the Neptune mark – that’s lasered into one side of the board near the bottom.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.