Carrara marble is a naturally-occurring, grey-white metamorphic rock that has darker veining, making each piece unique. It’s cool to the touch, making Maltby the perfect cheese board or surface to prepare pastry on. Because it’s very hard though, it can blunt your kitchen knives, so if you’re worried about that, then use it for serving and displaying rather than lots of chopping.
The honed finish of the marble gives it a more relaxed look than if it were polished and gleaming, though it’s still crisp and smart. We’ve sealed it with a food safe sealant to give it some protection from acidic food and staining, but if you use it as more than a decorative piece, it’ll mark a little over time, giving it a lived-with and well-loved feel.
Size and shape
Maltby comes in two shapes and three sizes: a long, thin board, and these circular ones. The small size is good for a cheese board, side dishes or supper for two; and use the larger one for a bigger group of people.
There’s a small loop on Maltby’s handle in case you want to hang it up, which is made from a tan leather to match the elegant feel of the marble.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.