As a sideboard
A little shorter than our other sideboards, around dining table height, Chawton’s good in an open plan kitchen-diner to mark the change between taller kitchen cabinets and your eating area.
As something more
Choose to span wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling, create kitchen shelving for a low-beamed cottage or a bookcase for a sloping-ceilinged barn – with Chawton, the choice is entirely yours. Just pop into one of our stores to get started.
Chawton’s made from tulipwood and oak: two timbers you can depend upon for years to come. They’re both strong, they’re both natural, and they’re both excellent at what they do – tulipwood with its fine, even grain for painting, and oak with its characterful (but not too knotty) grain for leaving on show.
The finish: tulipwood
Not every piece of furniture and every colour of paint needs the same process – a ‘one finish suits all’ approach won’t ever give you the best result possible. That’s why we vary the number of coats and use both hand-painted and spray-painted techniques depending on what that shade needs.
The finish: oak
Whichever colour you choose for the exterior, inside will always be unpainted oak. We’ve brushed, buffed and stained it to give it a slightly darkened and textured finish. And we’ve protected it with our IsoGuard® oil to help it stand up to scuffs and stains – without changing the natural feel of the timber.
In detail: handles & hardware
All Chawton’s hardware – from the porthole-like handles to the doors’ sliding rails – is finished in deep, dark Bronze. Just the thing to go with the contemporary cabinet style, it’ll create a strong contrast against Snow and a tone-on-tone look with Ink.
In detail: the shelves
Slide back the cupboard doors in your sideboard and you’ll find an oak shelf inside. It rests on pins that let you adjust its position up and down. No ordinary pins though, they’re incredibly strong metal ones, which screw into the sides properly and are finished in bronze just the same as the rest of the hardware.
Chawton’s designed so that you can easily put it together yourself – because it’s freestanding, you don’t need a professional to install it. It means that, if you want to move it, add sections or take pieces away in the future, you absolutely can.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.