Oak, because it’ll look more than good in your home. You can expect the odd knot here and the odd change in wood grain there – which means no two sideboards will ever look quite the same – but overall, it’s a well-balanced timber.
Henley’s protected with our treatment oil – IsoGuard® – to make it easier to live with. Think of it as a defence barrier, but one that you’d never know was there, so all you can see is the natural, honey-coloured oak.
This sideboard’s full of useful ideas, from the slimline ledge that pulls out so you have more surface space, to the shelves inside that sit on load-bearing and easily adjustable zig-zag supports. It’s finished with Antique Brass hardware – extending right to the magnetic door catches – to complement the oak.
Where to use a sideboard
A dining room is the most obvious place to have a sideboard, where you can use it to hold glassware, napkins and serving platters that you either don’t have space for in the kitchen or want close to the table. But, one can also go anywhere you need storage that feels lighter than full-height cabinetry and dressers.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
Natural timber will always want to move. It’s going to expand and shrink as the temperature and humidity in your home changes, but there are specialist joinery techniques that can help to counteract the movement. And that’s exactly what we do, so although you might see a little movement in the timber over the seasons, it won’t change drastically.