The Emily tablecloth is made from pure linen. It’s a natural fibre that absorbs spills quickly and dries quickly – just what you want in a tablecloth. It’s very strong and durable so it’ll really last. And the way it drapes over your table will get even better as the linen gets softer with use.
After dyeing, it’s traditionally stonewashed which makes it feel much softer. This also reduces the dye concentration so we can achieve these muted colours from our own paint palette. Finally during sewing, the hem is weighted so it drapes well over your table.
As a runner
Fold the cloth lengthways and use it as a runner down the table’s centre. This gives your table extra protection from serving dishes, and lets Emily placemats and napkins stand out. Leave the cloth like this, even when the table’s not in use, and the whole room will feel more dressed.
As a cloth
For large gatherings, of course, spread the cloth over the whole table. But tablecloths aren’t just for special occasions. For a simple supper for four, fold it in half and lay it width-ways to leave both table ends bare. This visually reduces the size of the table, creating a more intimate look.
Both the Emily cloths are W175cm. We love them oversized, so the medium (L250cm; not available in Peat) for a 4-8 seater table, and the large (L350cm) for an 8-12 seater table.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
- Machine wash at 30 degrees then line dry.