The materials: oakThe subtle knotted grain of solid white oak coupled with its sense of tradition makes it our go-to timber. It’s also incredibly strong and most importantly, made to last. By nature, timber expands, contracts and shrinks due to changes in humidity, but we’ve used specialist joinery techniques to keep this movement as minimal as possible. For additional protection against everyday wear, we’ve coated this piece with Natural Oak IsoGuard – our VOC-free, oil-based formula that doesn’t mask the timber’s character.
Old houses can often have uneven floors, but the Wycombe table has this issue covered. Simply use the hidden height adjustable feet on the bottom of the legs to add stability.
We’ve also made sure that we accommodate for the natural nature of wood by using breadboard-style ends on the tabletop to give the oak plenty of room to expand and contract, as timber is inclined to do. This means it won’t warp over its lifetime.
Doing the right thingOur furniture uses wood from the Appalachian Mountains, a region where for every tree harvested or decaying, 2.4 naturally grow back in its place which supports forest regeneration. In fact, this has increased the Appalachian forest by more than 300,000 acres in the last 25 years. The wood then goes to our production house, where a dedicated team is leading us towards becoming the most sustainable home and lifestyle brand by 2030. Not only is the production house powered by highly energy-efficient heat pumps, it also reuses and recycles as many by-products as possible to reduce waste and thereby, do what we can to take some of the pressure off our planet.
Wycombe's design storyThe Wycombe collection is one of our most versatile, including fixed and folding chairs, stools, benches, armchairs and tables. The collection’s pared-back, simple design is rooted in the traditional influences of the 19th-century Arts & Crafts movement. Read more about Wycombe on our journal.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
- Clean the oak with our Surface Spray.
- Take care of the oak with our IsoGuard Care Kit and Treatment Oil.
Natural timber will expand and shrink as the temperature and humidity in your home changes, but we've used specialist joinery techniques to minimise the movement. You might see a some movement in the timber over the seasons, but it won’t change drastically.