Teak is a tropical hardwood that has naturally-occurring oils in its fibres which act as a preservative. They make it well-suited to life outside and mean it’s not as high maintenance as some other timbers. Over time, it’ll take on the naturally silvered patina that’s characteristic of teak.
We’ve treated the teak with IsoGuard®, an oil that helps protect it from staining for a time and from drying out, all without obviously affecting its appearance. It won’t prevent the natural small cracks that will appear in the timber, but when reapplied over time, will keep it as well-looked-after as possible.
The outdoor canvas used to make Denham’s backrest and seat is a heavyweight off-white polyester. It’s showerproof and lightfast (so it’s unlikely to bleach in the sun) but could still stain if you leave it outside all year round. The covers are removeable though, and machine washable too.
Where we see it
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The garden furniture style guide
We walk you through all the furniture families in our garden collection to help you better understand which will look the part in (or, rather, just outside) your home.