The table in detail
The slim gaps in Stanway's tabletop allows for natural movement in the timber as it expands (slightly) and shrinks (just a little) with changes in the weather. They’re also there so water can run off. And they’re decorative too, reminding us of the neat, linear decking found on boats.
Included in your set
Our Harrington garden set consists of one Stanway coffee table, which sit nicely with our Harrington sofa with seat cushions, and two armchairs with seat cushions. Scatter cushions can be purchased separately here for an extra touch of colour.
Also included are the chair cushions, but if you’d like to add scatters, those are available separately here.
We believe that outside spaces should be as inviting as indoor ones (when it’s not raining, at least). It’s why we’ve created sets of sofas, armchairs and tables that can translate from garden to garden room, so you can comfortably relax in your great outdoors.
Materials: all-weather wicker
While we love natural materials like rattan, we’ll sometimes choose an alternative if it’ll make your design live longer and your life far easier. Here, we use a woven resin fibre (which we call ‘all-weather wicker’) because it’s happy being left outside. From its appearance to its texture, it’s remarkably close to rattan too.
The seat cushions
All our garden furniture cushions are made from natural-coloured, weather-resistant fabric, so you needn’t bring them inside if there’s a quick summer shower. They’re not completely weatherproof, though, so don’t leave them out all year long or in pouring rain. They’re filled with foam, which is soft but keeps its shape well, and the covers are removable, so they’re easy to clean.
The seating in detail
In these pieces, the wicker varies from the tighter, interlaced texture that runs around the perimeter and under the seat, to the looser criss-cross of diamonds in between. It’s decorative and classic but never fussy.
Comfort and proportions
Not super-slouchy (in terms of depth or height), but certainly not straight-backed either, Harrington strikes a good balance somewhere between the two. Its frame is well-cushioned, and though quite firm, there’s still plenty of give.
Teak is perfectly suited to life outdoors because of its naturally-occurring oils, which act as a preservative. We’ve still treated it with our exterior IsoGuard® oil though, for added protection and to temper the initial honey-brown colour. Over time, it’ll take on a silvered patina.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
The removeable covers on our garden furniture cushions are machine washable at 30°. Please don’t wash the cushion pads though, and you should bring both covers and pads inside at the end of the summer and during bad weather.
The garden furniture style guide
We walk you through all the furniture families in our garden collection to help you better understand which will look the part in (or, rather, just outside) your home.