The stem and spokes
Because we wanted to create a parasol that would feel completely timeless, we chose teak to create the stem and spokes: it’s hardwearing yet tactile and will blend seamlessly with its natural setting as well as our timber, stone and woven furniture.
Teak: in detail
Teak’s a hardwood that’s perfectly suited to life outdoors because it’s resistant to rot. Its natural oils protect it from the elements, so although it will age, it’ll do so gracefully, weathering to a silvery colour. To make this parasol’s stem stronger, it has a steel section in the middle.
The polyester canvas canopy’s made to be hardwearing. It’s been treated so it doesn’t fade in the sun and has an ‘ultraviolet protection factor’ of 50+ (meaning it’ll help shield you against both UVA and UVB rays). It’ll also shelter you in the rain and can be washed and scrubbed without fading.
Inspired by boat design - which can withstand the toughest environments - the rope pulley on this parasol’s secure and longlasting as well as pleasing to look at. It also comes with a guide that shows you how to tie it up neatly.
Using this parasol
With most tables, our parasol will need a separate stand to keep it steady (the only table in our collection that doesn’t need this is Cayton), and we also recommend a parasol lock for extra security. It’ll fit into any stand or table that’s wide enough for its 48mm stem, including any of our own.
- £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
We recommend that you use this parasol together with a table and a parasol base. If you’d like a freestanding parasol, our Spritsail design is the one for you.
It's best that you keep your parasol open as much as possible, especially if it gets wet, as this will help prevent mildew. Of course, if the wind picks up, it’s certainly advisable to bring it down.
The garden furniture style guide
We walk you through all the furniture families in our garden collection to help you better understand which will look the part in (or, rather, just outside) your home.