The stem and spokes
So that it’s strong, the stem has a core of steel, which is then chrome-coated for both looks and durability (it’s unlikely to rust, corrode or tarnish). It gives Spinnaker a smart, crisp look and contrasts beautifully with the teak spokes.
Teak: in detail
Teak is a hardwood that’s ideally suited to life outdoors because of its high proportion of naturally-occurring oils. These protect it from the elements, so although it will age, it’ll do so gracefully. In fact, the silvering that occurs in teak is one of the things we love most about it.
The polyester canvas canopy is incredibly hardwearing. It’s been treated to not fade in the sun (it can even be washed and scrubbed without fading); so it’ll protect you from the rain; and to have an ‘ultraviolet protection factor’ of 50+ (meaning it’ll help shield you against both UVA and UVB rays).
For us, inspiration often comes from boat design because we know it’s tried and tested in the toughest of environments, and because sailing is part of our heritage. The rope pulley on this parasol is one such thing, and is attractive, secure and long-lasting. (We also include a guide on how to tie it up neatly.)
With most tables, our parasol will need a separate stand to keep it steady and we also recommend a parasol lock for extra security. It’ll fit into any stand or table that’s wide enough for its 48mm stem, including any of our own.
- £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
We recommend that you use this parasol together with a table and a parasol base. If you’d like a freestanding parasol, our Spritsail design is the one for you.
It's best that you keep your parasol open as much as possible, especially if it gets wet, as this will help prevent mildew. Of course, if the wind picks up, it’s certainly advisable to bring it down.
The garden furniture style guide
We walk you through all the furniture families in our garden collection to help you better understand which will look the part in (or, rather, just outside) your home.