This chair’s made of galvanised and powder-coated steel, so you can leave it outdoors come wind, rain or shine. It’s got a matte, dark grey finish that’s a softer alternative to black.
The seat cushions
All our garden furniture cushions are made from natural-coloured, weather-resistant fabric, so you needn’t bring them inside if there’s a quick summer shower. They’re not completely weatherproof, though, so don’t leave them out all year long or in pouring rain. They’re filled with foam, which is soft but keeps its shape well, and the covers are removable, so they’re easy to clean.
How it feels
Cheltenham’s seat is quite deep and wide, and it’s one of our lowest, so it’s made for relaxing. It’s got an angled backrest, so you can slouch down a little if you like. And the cushions are firm enough so that you won’t feel the metal frame digging in anywhere.
There’s lots of detail on MCheltenham’s frame, from the scrolls on the arms to the tiny ball finials and the circle on the backrest, so it looks good even when left bare in the winter. The arms have flat tops so they’re comfortable to lean on.
Where we see it
Cheltenham’s great if you want a sofa with a light, slim look that won’t compete with planting or architecture. If you want to turn it into a patio suite, look at our Cheltenham sofa set.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
The removeable covers on our garden furniture cushions are machine washable at 30°. Please don’t wash the cushion pads though, and you should bring both covers and pads inside at the end of the summer and during bad weather.
The garden furniture style guide
We walk you through all the furniture families in our garden collection to help you better understand which will look the part in (or, rather, just outside) your home.