Chichester Writing DeskPart of our Chichester collection
The Chichester writing desk has a Georgian-inspired simplicity, with elegant rectangular proportions that’ll fit neatly against a wall. Its smooth oak top and single drawer make it a practical desk, but it’s versatile enough to use as a dressing table or console, too. The carved supports under the drawer front and the mouldings throughout add an understated flourish.
Design & engineering
- Made with durable mortise-and-tenon joinery.
- Solid oak protected with Natural Oak IsoGuard.
- Spacious soft-close drawer on concealed runners.
- Discreet feet glides prevent floor marks.
- Hand-finished with a customisable eggshell paint.
Our co-founder John and creative founder Emma turned to antique shops and reclamation yards to furnish their first home. They were drawn to Georgian country furniture, and the pieces they chose inspired Chichester – our first interior collection. This influence is evident in Chichester’s traditional farmhouse feel and its defining features including elegant proportions, decorative mouldings and carved skirting.
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
- Furniture orders to the mainland UK and Northern Ireland come under our white glove service.
- Your order will be delivered within 5 days if the piece is available now.
- Orders placed from outside the UK or Ireland will be delivered by our international courier partners.
- Read our full delivery policy here.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
Care & need to knows
- Clean the oak with our Surface Soap.
- Take care of the oak with our IsoGuard Care Kit and Treatment Oil.
From the Journal
The joy of organisation
Tidy house, tidy mind, or so the saying goes. Here, we delve into why keeping an organised home bring so many of us such pleasure.