IsoGuard® is our revolutionary timber protection oil, which bonds with the wood at a cellular level to prevent damage. Unlike standard wood finishing products, it does this without masking the natural character of the timber. Use these oils to refinish your oak furniture at home and keep it looking beautiful for longer.
Design & engineering
- Linseed oil-based.
- Food safe.
- Contains 0% VOCs or solvents.
When to use:Our oak furniture comes protected with IsoGuard®, which is designed to last and won’t necessarily ever need refreshing. However, well-loved furniture may start to wear in places over time. In these cases, we recommend refreshing the finish every couple of years.
How to apply:You will need sandpaper, sanding pads and a microfibre e-cloth.
- Sand the surface of the furniture all over.
- Use a sanding pad to rub the oil into the wood grain in all directions.
- Finish by rubbing in the direction of the grain.
- Leave the oil on the wood for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the excess oil using a clean e-cloth.
- The furniture will be completely dry and ready for use after 24 hours, but it won’t be fully cured for two weeks.
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
Free delivery for all orders over £100 (or €100 in Ireland).
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Care & need to knows
- Maintain the wood finish using our Eco Refresh Spray.
- Keep the furniture clean with our Surface Soap.
Need to know
- 100ml tin covers up to 5m2 and the 500ml tin up to 25m2.
- Tins can be stored for up to 36 months in dry conditions and original packaging.
- Suitable for use in kitchens and bathrooms.
- We recommend using 150-180 grit sandpaper before application.
- If using IsoGuard® on non-Neptune timber furniture, we recommend testing a small amount on an inconspicuous area first.
- IsoGuard® oils are potentially flammable, so place used cloths and pads in water straight after use.
From the Journal
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.